Sunday, August 18, 2013

Did you know?

Did you know that in China  number "4" is unlucky? It is because of the similiarity to word "death" in chinese. People here really do not like this number. For instance in my hotel, there are no rooms which have 4 in the begining of their number. So there are only 1,2,3 and 5 :D. Sound funny but it is true that noboby wants to live on the fourth floor.

So if you want to buy a relatively cheap house, look for one on the fourth floor ;)

It is almost one month since i have been here. It is a short time and at the same time long. It is short because i will be here still for couple of months and long because time pases very fast.

Everyday i learn chinese, i have already found chinese teacher, who helps me to improve my oral skills and i see that my knowledge is increasing.

I can ensure you all  that there is no better way to learn language than living abroad. Everyday i have to use basic chinese, otherwise many customers, people from other departments would not understand me, this is why i assimilate it so quicly.
The thing that i miss the most is our western culture, i think that i need a lot of time in order not to think like i am in Europe. If you think like this, you can become crazy. The differences are so big that trying to live like i used to live in my country is impossible. And the most important thing is that i have to learn how to be more patient. You can not even imagine how often i am angry because of something.
So what can i say for sure is that i learn here that noboby is the same and we should not judge somebody for his/her behavior. If i think that chinese people behave strange, surely they think the same about me and my behavior.

I would like to greet my dear aunt Basia from Warsaw, i hope you really like what i write here.

No comments:

Post a Comment